Tuesday, February 3, 2009

and the word says.....

The Bible and Adoption

"Pray without ceasing…" 1Thessalonians 5:17. As you prayerfully consider your adoption, the following verses may help you. We know that all good things happen in God's time to those who trust in him. May God grant you His grace as you travel along the path He sets out for you. "We prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted what we asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27

On Adoption and Corporal Acts of Mercy

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27

"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Mathew 18:5

"…learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of fatherless, plead the case for the widow."
Isaiah 1:17

"A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families…"
Psalm 68:5-6a

"Vindicate the weak and the fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and destitute."
Psalm 82:3

"I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was homeless and you gave me a room, I was shivering and you gave me clothes, I was sick and you stopped to visit, I was in prison and you came to me…Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me---you did it to me.'"
Mathew 25: 35-36, 40 (MSG)

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."
Romans 8:15

On Taking Action

"Be doers of the word, and not hearers only…"
James 1:22

"A man makes a plan in his heart, but God directs his path."
Proverbs 16:9

"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it."
Proverbs 3:27

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear."
1 John 4:18

On God's Plan for Your Family

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power at work in us, to Him be the glory."
Ephesians 3:20

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west."
Isaiah 43:5

"Orphans get parents, the homeless get homes. The reign of terror is over; the rule of the gang lords is ended."
Psalm 10:18 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment